Terms starting with ‘C’
- Cloud Computing Maturity Model. Defines five stages of evolution for an enterprise data center to migrate to cloud computing. The five stages are: consolidation, virtualization, automation, utility and cloud.
- Content delivery network — A system consisting of multiple computers that contain copies of data, which are located in different places on the network so clients can access the copy closest to them.
- Cloud application
- The top layer of the Cloud Computing Stack where applications interact with client web browsers. Examples: Gmail and Salesforce.com
- Cloud broker
- An entity that creates and maintains relationships with multiple cloud service providers. It acts as a liaison between cloud services customers and cloud service providers, selecting the best provider for each customer and monitoring the services.
- Cloud bursting
- Cloud bursting is a technique used by hybrid clouds to provide additional resources to private clouds on an as-needed basis. If the private cloud has the processing power to handle its workloads, the hybrid cloud is not used. When workloads exceed…
- The outsourcing of some IT operations to lower cost cloud services. Example: data backup
- Community cloud
- A cloud infrastructure that is shared by several organizations
and supports a specific community.